Welcome to the official web site of the Canadian Pastry Chefs Guild
Our goal is to make this site interesting, informative and fun. We cover a wide area of interests and it is hoped that you will benefit from your visits.
Founded in 2002 as a development from the Provincial "Pastry Chefs Guild of Ontario Inc." (founded in the 1960's and incorporated since 1982), the Federally incorporated "Canadian Pastry Chefs Guild" is also a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of professional pastry chefs and people working and interested in the related food industry. The aim is to promote the trade in all of Canada.
It is the goal of this organization to keep its members abreast of new developments in the Canadian food industry, especially in the pastry, baking and confectionery fields.
Mission Statement -- The objectives of the Corporation are:
• To promote and seek to improve the standards of the Pastry Chef trade
• To promote the trade education of its members
• To encourage the exchange of ideas related to the trade
• To promote co-operation among its members
• To encourage eligible members of the trade to join the Canadian Pastry Chefs Guild Inc.
• To offer counsel to the Government of Canada on matters related to the Pastry Chef trade
SEEKING FULL-TIME BAKER/MASTER BAKER FOR DANISH CRAFT BAKERY
Our culture and brand is vital to us. Our reputation for producing the highest quality authentic Dansk wienerbrod is unsurpassed. Our candidate will have the unique opportunity to work closely alongside Danish bakers for a concentrated period of training. The candidate will transition towards the role of Head Baker to manage our bakery and help develop the business further. Salary will be dependent and negotiable for the right applicant based on experience and relocation (if required).
IDEALLY THE CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with a strong work ethic and a passion for craft baking.
- Candidate will hold a recognized bakers trade certificate.
- Proven expert dough lamination techniques/skill.
- Ability to handle delicate croissant, puff and Danish dough in large volumes by hand.
- Skilled in handcrafted sourdough wholegrain rye bread and European artisanal breads.
- Must be able to create all products from scratch.
- Physically fit and able to work flexible full-time hours with shifts that may commence between 1 and 5am.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to new baking concepts and ideas.
- Able to work unsupervised while achieving targets and maintaining deadlines.
- A high level of creativity, an eye for detail and consistency.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt, and eventually teach concepts and methodologies to new bakers.
- Qualified applicants should send their CV in confidence to: email@example.com
Lentia Enterprises presents 'So Good..' magazine, 9th edition
A North American exclusive, So Good.. magazine is now available via Lentia Enterprises value priced at $40 CAD including tax (excluding shipping) compared to a direct order through the publisher Grupo Vilbo including shipping to Canada at 42 €. Take advantage of this great value and order your copy.
Sample: Lentia brochure: So Good Magazine Edition 8
17733 - 66th Ave
Surrey, BC Canada V3S 7X1
Toll Free: 1-888-768-7368
9 Tracey Blvd.
Brampton, Ontario Canada L6T 5V6
Toll Free: 1-888-453-6842
Posted June 24, 2013
The Pastry Chef's Recipes - A Collection of Professional Recipes
Complied by Pastry Chef and CPCG co-founding member (Al)Fred Tappen
The Pastry Chef's Recipes is 173 pages containing 156 classic recipes categorized by product and skill level. Chapters include: Small Yeast Goods; Breads; Doughs, Mixes, Pies; Fillings; Creams; Cookies; Slices, Toppings, Meringues; Cakes, Icings, Butter Cremes; Mousses; Desserts, Specialities! Every professional calibrated and tested recipe is scaled by weight/volume/percentage in Metric and Imperial, all for only $25 CAD!
To order your copy, contact us: CanadianPastryChefsGuild@gmail.com
Posted June 24, 2013